Some homemade wrapping paper was made last night. I carved a rubber stamp, rolled out some paint and got to stamping.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 26, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012
Enjoy 10% off from One Little Star from now till December 1 by using the coupon code holiday10 at checkout.
Thank you to everyone who has supported One Little Star this year and remember to support small and local businesses this Holiday season.
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Stone setting is hard.
My stones always end up crooked.
These are two different settings we are working on in class, both are shared prong settings.
Everything has to be perfect and precise. I am finding that I am more interested in irregular and organic.
I am thinking about getting some rough diamonds
Monday, November 19, 2012
This Golden Brass Nutcracker Ornament is a special limited edition piece for 2012. I carved the nutcracker out of wax, based on my own drawing. Each piece is then cast into brass and hand finished by me in my Brooklyn studio. A red ribbon is tied to the ornament and it is ready to be hung on the Christmas tree.
This ornament is a great way to commemorate Christmas 2012 and will be a keepsake for years to come.
This ornament is 4 inches tall.
It will arrive wrapped and ready to be given as a gift or kept for yourself.
Now available in the shop.
It was a weekend of making. There are Christmas cards in the works, 2012 keepsake ornaments and some new jewelry projects. No one else showed up for yoga so I had a private class. And there was lots of good eats made at home and picked up from outside.
Friday, November 16, 2012
1. Everlane T-Shirts - I am always on the look out for clothing that is made in the USA. These are great cotton t-shirts made in Los Angeles. I have the V neck in white and black and I love them.
2. Ombre Tights - Tights are a fall must and I like the gradual color change on these. Nothing too crazy but a little bit different.
3. Netflix Streaming - We got the Roku box and Netflix streaming and I love it. I will specifically recommend Freaks and Geeks. Watch it, love it.
4. Silk Cat Scarf - I just love this scarf. I have been wearing it everyday and it makes me smile. Makes leaving for work in the morning just a tiny bit better.
5. Cookie Butter - I would actually recommend not buying this. This way you will never know how wonderful it is and not have to keep yourself from eating the whole jar. It is good on anything, it is excellent on pretzels. Get it at Trader Joe's.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
These are some rough pieces just picked up from casting.
I am impatiently sitting at my desk awaiting the end of work so I can go home and work on these.
New pieces always make me so excited. They are my treasures.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
This weekend was a reading marathon, 80% of Villette by Charlotte Bronte was read, Ben has a bum foot so we mostly stayed in aside from running out for treats and yoga. There was good tiramisu, ginger drinks, cinnamon rolls, Indian food and carrot-mango frozen yogurt. And a cat encouraged to sleep in a box.