Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Heart and Hands Stacking Rings

I really like the idea of Fede Gimmel rings which are rings with multiple hoops that fit together to form one ring of two hands around a heart.


This is a triple gimmel ring from the 1800s.  I love how the pieces slide together.

I wanted to make my own version as a set of stacking rings.  One ring would be a heart and the other would be clasp hands.


The rings stack together so that the hands fit over the heart.






This one was a first attempt and I like how that hands fit over the hear but, while wearing the ring the hands don't stay put.  I think I will have to make the rings to fit more snugly together.  Also the ring is a bit bulky when stacked, I think I would like to make the hands stacking ring a bit slimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment